More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey Eckardt
Dr. Jeffrey Eckardt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with other offices in Santa Monica, CA and Santa Monica, CA . He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedics Reconstructive Surgery, Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Eckardt is affiliated with Scripps Green Hospital, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and Saint John's Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey Eckardt has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopedics Reconstructive Surgery
Orthopedic reconstructive surgeons deal with injuries and deformities of your bones and muscles. If you ever need a hip, knee or shoulder replacement — whether due to a sports injury or aging — an orthopedic surgeon will consult with you and answer any questions you have before scheduling an operation. After surgery, you’ll have a few checkups to ensure everything heals properly.
In addition to shoulders, hips and knees, they deal with injuries everywhere from your ankles and feet to your elbows and hands — and even your spine. They also help treat birth defects related to bones and muscles as well as degenerative conditions like osteoporosis and muscular dystrophy.
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Bone Cancer
- Bone Tumor (Osteochondromatosis)
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Soft Tissue Tumors (Myofibroma)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Eckardt treated me with respect, kindness, honesty and love. I was terrified at 14 in 1985 when we first went to him. I have met many people recently with the same diagnoses 30 years later and all I can say is Dr. Eckardt is by far my hero!!!!!
Saved my life. Wonderful ,knowlegeable kind,follows thro all ways I cannot shout Dr Eckart,'MD. Praises He saved me from lung cancer, and valley fever same time that had gone to the bone. Lung removal cured. Valley fever new bone morrow into arm ,remission. It been 30years. And still very healthy. Thank you DrJeffery Eckardt.
I was a nervous wreck wasnt sure of my sons future with the tumor found in his lower leg. I can tell you that the first meeting with Dr Eckhardt I knew my son would live a normal life and keep his leg. Dr Eckhardt was great the best surgeon for bone tuomors and salvaging. He was honest and professional I appreciate both chararcteristics in a doctor
I read the last comment and want to comment. Dr. Eckardt is the very best. My 11 year old son was treated for a tumor and couldn't have gotten better treatment anywhere. However, his office assistant, Tara, that the patient refers to, was terrible and in fact, has now left his practice. Don't let his staff persuade you not to go to him. Speak up to doctor about his staff next time. He should know.
I have been a patient of Dr. Eckardt's since 1988. He diagnosed me at the age of 16 with Osteogenic Sarcoma. Thankfully, I was referred to him by my pediatrician who had, just one month earlier, heard Dr. Eckardt speak about his Limb Salvage surgery. I am so thankful for all of the years that I have been treated by this exceptional Doctor. I would HIGHLY recommend him.
Dr. Eckardt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Scripps Green Hospital
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Saint John's Health Center
UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
UCLA Medical Center
42 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1971
Dr. Jeffrey Eckardt accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey Eckardt in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey Eckardt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.