Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey Goldenberg
Dr. Jeffrey Goldenberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Eugene, OR. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Goldenberg is affiliated with PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center University District, McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center and Sacred Heart-University Distr. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey Goldenberg has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
1) Refused to refill low-dosage SSRI medication (which should not be allowed to lapse) because patient is "overdue for a visit." When patient attempted to schedule appointment, doctor refused because he was "on vacation." 2) Misdiagnosed GI tract bleeding (a known effect of mixing SSRI and NSAID medication) as "stress" after cursory examination. 3) Misdiagnosed kidney stone symptoms as "anxiety" after cursory examination. Patient later suffered renal colic as a result.
Dr. Goldenberg has caused me harm. He refused to listen or check my medical history, he has refused to give me referals. My insurance company has filed a complaint against him. He gave me me medication that worsed my problems. He refused to treat me for pain when I had shingles, in fact his office refused to see me or work me in so I eneded up in the emergency room. I had to go to an other Dr. in the same clinic to get proper treatment for shingles. He refused to refer me to a gastro intestinal specialist until I demanded it. His response only because your over 50 I will order a colonscope. The Gastro Dr. upon seeing me orderd a scope on my stomach, intestines and colon...I had over 25 biosies, luckely they caught polyps in my colon that were turning.My stomach is in such bad shape now partially because of the medication he gave me for pain....because he REFUSED TO LOOK AT MY PAST MEDICAL HISTORY and gave someone with hardly any stomach lining motrin and tramadol. He cut my anti anxiety medication with out telling me. He is rude. OH, I forgot to mention that when he became my primary care Dr. I could not get an appointment with him for 6 months. He refuses to test my cholesterol or give me a hiv screening...the best part is that all these thing were ordered and approved by OHP when I was in Corvallis but once I got under his care it was all ignored.Mean and rude.
Dr. Goldenberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sacred Heart-University Distr
St John's Medical Center
St. Joseph's Hospital
Sacred Heart Medical Center At Riverbend
Peace Harbor Hospital
Sacred Heart Medical Center - University Dist 8/10/2008 Educational Current Family Medicine
Sacred Heart Medical Center - Riverbend 1/19/1993 Courtesy Current Family Medicine
Cottage Grove Hospital
29 Years Experience
University Of British Columbia
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Jeffrey Goldenberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouthtowne Family Medicine, 1835 Pearl St, Eugene, OR
Dr. Jeffrey Goldenberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eugene, OR.