Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey R Hammersley has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jeffrey R Hammersley has the following 8 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Lung Cancer
Showing 5 of 8
Terrible. I was having breathing trouble, and he couldn't figure out why. Then, because he also works in psychiatry, instead of sending me to a cardiologist (or another Dr that deals with breathing trouble along with fainting/arrythmia) he basically tells me I'm crazy. I was just diagnosed with a heart condition. I never saw the psychiatrist. What a pompous and ignorant self-centered man. Any Dr who thinks his patients are making-up their symptoms because they personally can't figure-out what's going on, is not worth seeing. Don't waste your time! Go see Dr. Abdelwahed at Toledo Hospital. He is much more compassionate. Oh, I have gallbladder disease also (am scheduled for surgery.) I told Dr Hammersley that, and he said they didn't have it on file at his location, so it must not be accurate. Then, he proceeded to take a very hard blow to my right upper abdominal ribs, in case they were broken (just to check.) I had pain in my URQ for 4 days after that, and not because of my ribs... because he hit the area of my inflammed gallbladder. Smart guy! (*Sarcasm)
42 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Jeffrey R Hammersley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Toledo Physicians, 1000 Regency Ct Ste 200, Toledo, OH
Dr. Jeffrey R Hammersley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.