Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey P Holmgren has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jeffrey P Holmgren has the following 11 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Jeffrey P Holmgren has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
I have absolutely no idea why Dr. Holmgren has one star on this site. He is one of the most intelligent doctors I have ever met but never has made me feel like I don't know what I'm talking about or feeling, which has been a case with a few doctors I have seen over the past. He is willing to listen every time has very good valid and educated opinions and has went out of his way more than a few times to help me when he did not even have to. My insurance is no longer carried by his office and I am in no means a rich person however I am fully willing to pay the private-pay cost to see him as he is best and his business and trade. There have been a few times when my appointment ran over buy a minute or two but never has seemed like he was rushing me. He is a great doctor and were it not for doctor-patient relations I would enjoy being his friend, taking him for a game of golf. Having a patient of his for 3 years or so now and have never regretted it
Dr. Holmgren is not the typical psychiatrist! He is not that stand off " clinical psychiatrist ". He is a down to earth, intelligent, empathetic, doctor with a great sense of humor. I am truly truly thankful I have found him to treat my depression which has been effective in my home and work life. I have treated with Dr Holmgren for 2 years now and I pray he will continue to be my psychiatrist long term. I can let down my guard without worry of judgement. Even when I say, everything is good with my meds, he asks "no really, how are you." He takes the time.... means he cares. I would recommend him every day of the week and 50 times on Sunday.
34 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Jeffrey P Holmgren accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsMidwest Psychological Services, 2501 Hanley Rd Ste 202, Hudson, WI
Dr. Jeffrey P Holmgren is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hudson, WI.