Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey M Hughes has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I only saw Dr. Hughes in an emergency room once. Once was enough. He was curt and abrupt. I found him intimidating. Lacks bedside manner. When my attending nurse began to ask him a question, Dr. H snapped in an angry tone "WHAT?!" in such a voice that suggested the staff person was bothering him. The nurse was polite, kind and very professional. Dr. H's manner made me rather uncomfortable and I was embarrassed for the poor fellow (the nurse, not the doc). Dr. H comes off as a cocky and arrogant. Even worse, he misdiagnosed me. I came into the hospital with excruciating abdominal pain. He didn't run any tests. He only pushed on my stomach a few times and told me I was suffering from acid reflux and sent me home with a cocktail of meds, none of which I needed because, as it later turned out, I had gallstones. He should have run an ultra sound at the very least. He was lazy, not overwhelmed. There was hardly anyone in the ER that night. Dr. H needs to be more thorough. And more polite to his staff.
27 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Jeffrey M Hughes accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEmergency Medicine Specialists, 1010 W La Veta Ave Ste 755, Orange, CA
Dr. Jeffrey M Hughes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange, CA.