Dr. Jeffrey M Hughes Is this you?

2 Ratings • 1 Comment

1.7

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey M Hughes?

Intimidating and lazy

I only saw Dr. Hughes in an emergency room once. Once was enough. He was curt and abrupt. I found him intimidating. Lacks bedside manner. When my attending nurse began to ask him a question, Dr. H snapped in an angry tone "WHAT?!" in such a voice that suggested the staff person was bothering him. The nurse was polite, kind and very professional. Dr. H's manner made me rather uncomfortable and I was embarrassed for the poor fellow (the nurse, not the doc). Dr. H comes off as a cocky and arrogant. Even worse, he misdiagnosed me. I came into the hospital with excruciating abdominal pain. He didn't run any tests. He only pushed on my stomach a few times and told me I was suffering from acid reflux and sent me home with a cocktail of meds, none of which I needed because, as it later turned out, I had gallstones. He should have run an ultra sound at the very least. He was lazy, not overwhelmed. There was hardly anyone in the ER that night. Dr. H needs to be more thorough. And more polite to his staff.