Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey K Richards has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Jeffrey K Richards has the following 10 expertise
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lasik Surgery
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Pain
- Vision Issues
- Eye Exam
Dr. Jeffrey K Richards is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Richards is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Sc Medical Center
Dr. Jeffrey K Richards accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarolina Eye Care, 2060 Charlie Hall Blvd Ste 201, Charleston, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey K Richards in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey K Richards is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.