Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey K Weiss has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Weiss cares about his patients he spends time with you, ask you questions and he listens to you which at time is hard to find . He isn't alway shoving prescription medications at you he treats you with what he feels is best for the individual based on your medical history.It usually pretty easy to get an appointment his office staff is wonderful .
I was very impressed with Dr. Weiss. he took time to not only take a very comprehensive history and physical exam, he also explained my diagnosis and treatment in terms I could understand as well as answered all my questions. He also took the time to review my extensive records and call my primary doc and discuss my case. He scheduled a follow up visit and I look forward to seeing him again
Dr. Weiss is a very caring doctor with a great bedside manner. He is willing to go the extra mile for his patients. I had knee problems and had them for years; when I went to Dr. Weiss he looked at my medical history and said you need a Knee Replacement. He recommended a Surgeon whom he called. Since the Surgeon had time between patients, he came to Dr. Weiss' office to see me because I was in so much pain. I am now have a knee replacement and I am pain free. I have had nothing but very good experiences with Dr. Weiss. When I leave his office, I know everything is going to be alright.
Dr. Weiss is one of the most caring doctors in the city. He cares about every patient as an individual and doesn't just care about money. I assume he does a lot of his work pro bono considering some of the people i see in the waiting room.... He easily has the skill and class of a park avenue doctor without the facade and arrogance. He's a down to earth man and cuts the crap. honest and easy treatments. Great guy, greater doctor!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
37 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1981
Cabrini Medical Center
Dr. Jeffrey K Weiss accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJeffrey Kurt Weiss Md, 250 E Houston St, New York, NY
Dr. Jeffrey K Weiss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.