Dr. Jeffrey Kagan Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Kagan?

Good doctor and staff

Posted on November 2nd, 2016

YOUR new Doctor

Posted on August 25th, 2016

Met him 20 years ago when I took my elderly mother to him. Her doctor in New Britain maintain her on same meds for a few years. She was weak and obviously failing, could barely manage to walk from room to room in her small senior apartment. High school buddy was relating how well his daughter improved after he brought her to Dr. Kagan. Took my mother there, he reviewed her meds, stop this, take half this etc. and a new Rx. A week later she was going out to lunch with my sister. I've been going to him since. Others in the family joined in after witnessing what he did for my mother. He's a straight shooter and pretty direct telling you how it is, the good and the not so good. No sugar coating. Always stays and answers your questions. Not like others who have one hand on the doorknob while responding to questions. A teacher. Occasionally has student with him. With your permission, reviews you history and current issue and asks him/her how they would treat. Then explains how, and why he arrived at his decision.

Can't get through to the doctor

Posted on May 27th, 2015

While the doctor is good, his staff, particularly one individual, is incompetent. First it's hard to get through to them. If you leave a voice message it is never answered. Unless you are making an appointment , everything for anything else she is not cooperative. On one occasion I needed a record sent to my insurance provider. I was for a prior visit. I had already talked to the provide was told to have the record faxed and they will take care of it. When I called Newington Internal Medicine and spoke with the individual she said my provider would not process a back-dated document. Even after I told her it was all set, she still refused. On a second incident. I needed a prescription for pain as I was in excruciating pain. I called 4 times and was told the message was in the doctor's messages. I asked if she could please interrupt the doctor as I was in great pain. Again as before, she refused. It wasn't until the next day that my request was answered.

Think Twice About What This Doctor Says

Posted on February 18th, 2015

In general Dr. Kagan is a good doctor--he knows his stuff but I went in for a 3:30 appointment merely a blood pressure check and I didn't see Dr. Kagan until 4:50. Another apt was after I ended up in the ER for an allergic reaction to medication he prescribed and then he told me after I mentioned I wouldn't take it again to keep it because I might need it. He decides what his patients are going to think and doesn't listen. I fired him and found a doctor that not is not only prompt but takes the time to listen. Again, he is a good doctor but his bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired.

Posted on February 2nd, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Kagan at least quarterly for a number of years I have always found him to been very caring and patient and willing to answer my questions. I personally think he is an excellent Docto r

Best experience ever

Posted on February 28th, 2013

Good caring doctor took care of us in our time of need. Could not have asked for better.

Great PCP

Posted on July 27th, 2012

Very friendly. Doesn't wast time, but runs a little late. No problem. He sticks with a problem and has suggestions. Very practical.

Very Attentive and Caring Doctor

Posted on November 11th, 2011

HORRIBLE!!

Posted on August 10th, 2011

Office staff horrible and very rude on the phone and in the office. Lost my husbands blood work sheet. Also billing is incorrect check you EOBS in the mail. Billing insurence companies for things that were never done. Just horible gave my husband medication that made him feel so sick also office staff messed up his medication RX my husband could have died! We are deffinetly finding another Dr.

The Best

Posted on December 14th, 2010

Dr. Kagan is the best doctor I've had in my 62 years. He is thorough, patient and has a great bedside manner. I highly recommend him.

Posted on May 30th, 2010