Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey S Kalman has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jeffrey S Kalman has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 28
My dad went to doctor Kalman for a colonoscopy. He said he found nothing to come 5 to 7 years for a follow up . Two n half years later he had pains in his stomach my dad went for a CT scan and that's when me and my family's world turned upside down he was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer he's been battling for a couple of years now but it's taking a toll. Everywhere I read and friends of doctors told me it is a slow moving cancer. When he was diagnosed Sloan Kettering needed to see the results I remember waiting in the office for 30 mins they had a problem finding them also my dad had a history he had bladder cancer in his late 40's. There's a lot of possibilities here you be the judge I will not recommend this doctor nor will my family. I learned all doctors are sweet but when something happens they don't want to know you.
I was highly recommended by a friend of mine. When I met Dr. Kalman he was a bit serious. He diagnosed me with IBS. I have since started to feel pain again. I tried calling the Dr. but he was not in he called me the next day I missed his call and I tried calling the office again for the next two days and they kept saying he was not in until Monday. I told her that was unacceptable and the dr called me right away and told me that he called me numerous time, which was not true. I am the patient who has been in a lot of pain. Why would I not answer my phone. Not happy with his service at all.
Dr. Kalman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Jeffrey S Kalman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStaten Island Gastroenterology, 129 Slosson Ave, Staten Island, NY
Dr. Jeffrey S Kalman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.