Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Jeffrey B Kaner
Dr. Jeffrey B Kaner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hollywood, FL. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kaner is affiliated with Memorial Hospital Pembroke and Memorial Hospital West. Dr. Kaner has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey B Kaner has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jeffrey B Kaner has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Jeffrey B Kaner has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 28
I don't know what is wrong with this practice, but this is the worst-run doctor's office I've ever encountered. Messages left with the medical assistant (Taneesha) and medical records are often not returned. When I asked one staff member about this, she told me that voicemails are routinely "ignored" when they are short-staffed. (Seriously? At a doctor's office?!) You'll also likely get conflicting information regarding treatment depending on whom you talk to. The doctor will say one thing, and he'll be contradicted by the physician's assistant, who in turn will be contradicted by the scheduler. Ridiculous. I require routine maintenance to stay well, and I ended up in the emergency room (entirely preventable) because these people couldn't get on the same page. If you have any sort of chronic illness, seek help elsewhere. Believe me, any other practice is better than this one.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kaner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Jeffrey B Kaner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Consultants, 4700 Sheridan St Ste F, Hollywood, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey B Kaner, MD - Gastroenterology in Hollywood, FL, in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey B Kaner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hollywood, FL.