Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey E Karaban has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
It's the administrative staff that has this 1 star rating, not Dr. Karaban, but he, unfortunately, has to suffer. The typist is the bad egg. She's robotic, wouldn't do as I asked her to do regarding an administrative task about the printed bill. Asked her to change "cosmetic consultation" to "medical consutation." I suspect she does not know how to do this, but she refused impolitely. (I am an elderly woman, probably the age of her grandmother. I doubt if she would talk to her grandmother as she talked at me...or maybe she would having been badly raised.) Had she told me she didn't know how to do this, I would have accepted her deficiency. Apparently, she has annoyed other patients, for the receptionist chimed in to help her. (Does it matter that the receptionist called my request "Fraud?" No, it's just an employee trying to help another employee in trouble, again, with a patient. It probably works, this 2-teaming, otherwise it wouldn't have happened. Side note: It's not fraud; rather, it's more general than cosmetic consultation. I called this to her attention and she stopped talking, but didn't apologize.) And so, that's my story. It's not a good story.
39 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Jeffrey E Karaban accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLincoln Park Dermatology, 2800 N Sheridan Rd Ste 210, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey E Karaban in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey E Karaban is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.