Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey J Kirshner
Dr. Jeffrey J Kirshner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Syracuse, NY. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kirshner is affiliated with Arnot Health St Josephs Hospital, Community Campus at Upstate University Hospital and Crouse Hospital Inc. Dr. Kirshner has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey J Kirshner has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jeffrey J Kirshner has the following 16 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hepatitis C
- Blood Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hodgkin Disease
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Dr. Jeffrey J Kirshner has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kirshner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Jeffrey J Kirshner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHematology-Oncology Assoc of Cny, 5008 Brittonfield Pkwy Ste 700, East Syracuse, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey J Kirshner in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey J Kirshner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Syracuse, NY.