Dr. Jeffrey Labrum Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Labrum?

Posted on September 14th, 2015

Dr. Labrum is the best !!!!

Kind doctor.

Posted on March 30th, 2015

Very kind, intelligent doctor. Answered all my questions. Made me feel at ease.

Kind and Compassionate

Posted on March 26th, 2012

Dr. Labrum genuinely cares about his patients. He is extremely conscientious and called me to make sure I was doing well after surgery. He is extremely compassionate and listens to any concerns. He delivered all three of my children and it was a great experience each time. He put everyone at ease and I definitely felt confident with him as my doctor.

Kindest Man, Best Doctor

Posted on August 11th, 2010

I have had two surgeries with Dr. Labrum in the last three months and I have nothing but good things to say about this man. His bedside manner is imp ...

Would Not Recommend Dr. Labrum!

Posted on July 5th, 2010

I've waited almost 24 years to write this review. I'm now 43 years old and have had several ob/gyn doctors since my first experience with Dr. Labrum and some pretty awesome doctors at that. It wasn't until after my care from Dr. Labrum and truly caring ob/gyn's that I realized how poor Dr. Labrum's care was. In 1986, I was shy, unmarried and pregnant. I had been referred to Dr. Labrum from a girlfriend who was also expecting (but married). She raved about how wonderful he was. From my first appointment with Dr. Labrum, he treated me indifferent. I guess I was too young and naive at the time to realize it and I had never been to an ob/gyn before so I had nothing to compare him or the experience to. Dr. Labrum barely spoke to me let alone ever spent any time explaining what the next several months of my pregnancy were going to entail. He did ask me if I was going to keep the baby or give it up for adoption. Throughout my pregnancy, Dr. Labrum would rush in, measure me, listen to the heartbeat and rush out. He literally would have the door open with half of his body out the door if I tried to ask any questions. His body language definitely told me he did want to spend any time on me. Through all these years I've thought about why he treated me the way he did. The only answer I've been able to rationally come up with is that I was so young and unmarried. I wasn't on welfare. I worked full-time and had medical insurance plus was still under my parent's health insurance - so I had double insurance to cover all the medical expenses. On one appointment Dr. Labrum was on vacation. The doctor he shared his office with (I wish I could remember his name) saw me. I was about 6 1/2 months along at this point. This doctor was in no rush, he pulled up a chair and actually talked to me. He asked me questions about how I was feeling and started to rattle off all this information about where I was in my pregnancy. At one point he said, "I'm sure Dr. Labrum has already told you this..." and as the conversation went on he said "Dr. Labrum will explain all this to you before you deliver." Little did this doctor know that Dr. Labrum had given me zero information and everything he was telling me was brand new information. As my due date approached I kept expecting Dr. Labrum to sit down and have that "chat" that the other doctor had told me about with the subject being on what to expect for the delivery, recovery, etc. As my appointments became every 2 weeks and then weekly, not only did the "chat" never happen but Dr. Labrum never physically looked at my vaginal area. For weeks I had been itching and burning and going crazy trying not to scratch my vaginal area. I thought this was part of pregnancy; how else would I know, my doctor never told me what to expect. Dr. Labrum never asked if I had any questions or concerns or spent any time explaining how I should be feeling at 8 1/2 months pregnant. I was so young and felt so unimportant to ask questions as Dr. Labrum rushed in and out of the exam room. Four hours of labor and 1 push and out came my son. A couple of days later, my son developed thrush in his mouth and on his behind. His poor little tongue bled and he couldn't suck. My son was treated by his pediatrician and several days later he was on his way to healing and feeding again. I, on the other hand, was in shear misery! Itching, burning, bleeding and wanting to crawl out of my own skin. The itching was so bad when I wiped myself after using the restroom I couldn't help but itch my vaginal area back and forth with the toilet paper until I made myself bleed. I thought the itching was from my stitches healing - I assumed I had stitches, but was actually never even told if I did or didn't. The itching, burning and bleeding got so bad that I would take a wash rag and run it under the hottest tap water and place it directly on my vagina. The burning from the hot water felt better than the itching and burning I was feeling. Again, Dr. Labrum had never physically viewed me while checking me before my delivery (he would stand by the side of the exam table and place his hand under the sheet); Dr. Labrum never checked me in the hospital after my delivery either; Dr. Labrum never talked to me and told me what was to be expected during healing and what was not normal. For six weeks I suffered - itching, burning, bleeding. The whole time thinking this was normal in the healing process. Finally my six week check-up came and you have no idea how much I was looking forward to this appointment. As I was laying on the exam table and Dr. Labrum came in and finally WITH HIS EYES checked my vaginal area, he literally shouted, "WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?" I literally shouted back, "Going crazy!" He acted as if I'd been out having sex with the entire Salt Lake Valley. I finally asked, "What is going on down there?!" Dr. Labrum said, "You have a horrible yeast infection." I said, "What is a yeast infection?" That in itself was his responsibility as my doctor. I came to him as a young, scared, naive, immature 18 year old. His responsibility as my doctor was to educate me and care for me even more so because of my circumstances. If he had such a prejudice against me he should have refused me as a patient and sent me elsewhere. I found out later through my mother's friend that is a nurse that I must have had the yeast infection during the last 6 or so weeks of my pregnancy when I was itching and burning. I'd passed the yeast infection to my son during birth which was the cause of his thrush. I was so angry that I had suffered so miserably for months because Dr. Labrum did not provide proper care to me due to his judgment of me. Not only did I suffer but so did my son! It wasn't until 3 years later when I was pregnant with my daughter did I find out how a good ob/gyn should threat his patients. I couldn't believe the care and education Dr. Reiser gave to me in comparison to the lack of care that Dr. Labrum gave me. I've stewed about the poor care I received from Dr. Labrum all these years and feel fortunate that there is an avenue to write a review of his services. Dr. Labrum had no reason to treat me the way he did. He was paid his fees in full. I should have been treated like any other patient of his. By the way, my married girlfriend who delivered with Dr. Labrum 3 months before me never experienced anything like I did with Dr. Labrum. She loved him. Which is why, I've assumed his distain for me was because I was unmarried. Shame on you Dr. Labrum for the way you treated me and the poor care you gave me. I hope in these 24 years you have become less judgmental of your patients and more sympathetic to what they need from you. I hope you spend time with your patients, talk to them, educate them, ask if they have questions and not be half way out the door as you do so. I hope you spend extra time with your young, scared and unmarried patients instead of judging them as trash and dismissing them.

Would not recommend!

Posted on July 5th, 2010

Kind and Caring

Posted on May 18th, 2010

Has surgery with Dr. Labrum recently. I have to say he is a fantastic person and doctor. Wonderful bedside manner, kind, caring and listens well. Went through the details of my surgery thoroughly, complete with diagrams and explanations. Spent a good 30 minutes with me for my pre-op appointment. Never had that before.Nursing/receptionist staff are kind, caring and followed up within 24 hours - nice touch!

Posted on February 8th, 2017