Dr. Jeffrey Lake Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Lake?

patient

Posted on November 6th, 2017

Best doctor EVER!!!!!!!

It was informative a..

Posted on October 17th, 2016

It was informative and efficient.

Dr Lake is a great a..

Posted on October 10th, 2016

Dr Lake is a great and professional doctor.

Dr. Lake rocks as an..

Posted on October 7th, 2016

Dr. Lake rocks as an excellent physician and caring person. I also greatly appreciate his humor. Thank you.

Very helpful and fri..

Posted on October 6th, 2016

Very helpful and friendly office staff. Dr Lake was very informative and answered all my questions. Very happy with my visit

Patient

Posted on September 14th, 2015

I have seen Dr. Lake for a variety of issues. He is a kind man and genuinely cares about his patients. He is thorough in both his diagnoses and treatment of potential problems. He is wonderful doctor. He spends time with you and does not rush through your appointments. I whole-heartedly recommend him.

Posted on March 13th, 2015

Dr Lake is absolutely wonderful on all levels.

Spot-on Diagnosis

Posted on July 29th, 2013

Dr. Lake has incredible bed-side manner. He knows the type of work he does is uncomfortable and makes it as easy as possible through his personality. More importantly, his diagnosis was spot-on. I've been following his advice and my issue has been mostly resolved. I'm glad I saw him and explained everything and we did a quick rectal exam. Totally worth it.

One of the worst medical experiences I've had - period

Posted on July 9th, 2013

My experience with Jeffrey Lake was one of embarrassment and insult. I have been to several similar specialists in and around Los Angeles and never have I felt so uncomfortable and disrespected. Dr. Lake was completely insensitive when examining me. He was forceful, rude, and he cracked jokes throughout the entire visit. I am sure there are people out there who can appreciate levity during an examination - however, Dr. Lake failed to interpret how uncomfortable I was. This is not a compassionate person. This is a person that has absolutely no ability to listen and therefore can only respond with more pressure, more wisecracks, and a bill at the end that was over the top. Worst of all, Dr. Lake did not "let up" when I was practically crying out in pain. I left his office feeling abused and in more pain that when I came in. My suggestion is to stay away.

Doctor's Response

I was shocked and saddened to read this review. I treat all of my patients with compassion and care and after taking care of thousands of patients over the past decade, I have never received this type of feedback. On the contrary, my patients have often complimented me on my bedside manner. My father was gravely ill when I was young, so at an early age I was aware of which physicians were truly compassionate and those who were not. I took these experiences observing my father's doctors to heart and now as a practicing surgeon, I try my best to care for my patients as if they were family. I encourage readers of this review to see my reviews on other websites (e.g. www.healthgrades.com) as well as the testimonials on my website. As always, I am available to anyone who wants to call or email me with questions or concerns (even prior to a visit with me). Please call my office at 818-387-8725 or email me via my website (www.jefflakemd.com). I am happy to discuss your colorectal issues or answer any questions you may have regarding this review.

Posted on May 2nd, 2013

Sadly the surgery he performed did not work, but he is the kindest Dr. You could ever hope for.

The Highest Recommendation

Posted on September 16th, 2012

Dr. Lake immediately diagnosed my internal hemrorrhoid and a fissure that was excruciatingly painful. After conservative treatment with ointment did not solve the problem I requested that he perform surgery to put me out of my misery. Within two weeks of the surgery I felt better than at any time in the last 10 years. Dr. Lake has my highest recommendation!

Great doctor

Posted on September 4th, 2012

Saw Dr. Lake due to rectal bleeding. I was very scared of what could be causing this, and any procedures necessary to diagnose me. Obviously shoving stuff up your rear is never fun, but Dr. Lake is amazing professional and made me feel extremely comfortable. His staff is great and his office is super clean (especially for the valley). I would highly recommend his services to anyone in need.