Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey R Lavoy has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Opioid-Related Addiction Disorders
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr Lavoy is very good Doctor. He listens and truly caress about his patients. The only issue is that he moves so often. I started seeing Dr. Lavoy in Mid 2010. Since he's moved 5 times many times with very little notice with no info on the locations where he's moving to. Changing Doctors is a real pain and it would be nice to have a long term relationship with a doctor without the threat of being left in the cold.
This doc doesn't listen. I had a problem and had to find out what the issue was on mayo clinics website. Turns out it was an infection.
Dr. Lavoy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Jeffrey R Lavoy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey R Lavoy in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey R Lavoy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cottonwood, AZ.