Dr. Jeffrey Lisse Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Lisse?

Clown of the Year Award

Posted on December 14th, 2015

I don't know where the good ratings come from. I was being treated somewhat successfully with another Rheumy when he moved and I was changed to Dr. Lisse. I had to wait 11 months for my first appt after the change. Then when he saw me he cancelled my therapy and said he wanted to see where I was and start from scratch. So we did. My blood-work for the next 6 months came back perfectly normal. Sed Rate, CRP, etc. - all normal despite no treatment; and BTW, I was a serum negative case. However, my symptoms were horrible and getting worse daily. All this time my joints were so swollen that I went from walking, to a cane, to a walker, to an electric wheelchair. People would look at my joints and tell me how sorry they were for me it was so obvious. I had to go to a pain management clinic as I would go for days with no sleep because of the pain. For whatever reason, he believed I was faking it to get pain medication and did not even have the guts to tell me himself. He sent his nurse practitioner in to see me and say that "They didn't think that there was anything they could offer me and that my bloodwork showed I was fine.". I asked for referrals, other Rheumys, neurologists, etc...nothing. I was crying so hard they had to help (push me out of the office as I using my walker that day. My next Rheumy aggressively attacked the disease and it went into remission, at least for a short while. My blood work was normal as I continued to deteriorate over the next 4 years from my first symptoms before starting to show evidence of disease activity of RA as well as several other painful autoimmune diseases - and the disease activity was off the charts. It's terrible to have a Dr. come in and tell you that you have all these deadly and painful autoimmune diseases and you feel happy that someone continued to work and fight for you . If you see Dr. Liss you better hope your disease symptoms follow the exact cookie cutter symptom chart that he learned in med school, otherwise you are told to take motrin and come back in 4 months for more bloodwork. BTW - my case is very complcated. I don't blame him for not getting everyting correct, but all he did for a year was tell me to come back in 3 months to give more bloodwork until a year later he kicked me out the door when my my joints were so swollen, I became bedridden within a few months and remain that way years later. Perhaps some stronger treatment, I would still have somewhat of a normal life

Best Rheumatologist!

Posted on March 27th, 2014

Great doctor

Posted on May 19th, 2011

Dr. Lisse is the best of the approximately 6 doctors that I see on a regular basis. He takes the time to listen and has the ability to evaluate progress by taking in ALL the information regarding the 3 autoimmune diseases that I have. I have no other physician who seems to be able to do that. He really is a GREAT doctor.

Posted on September 15th, 2009

would give him the highest rating possible overall caring and attention the highest can't praise enough

Posted on August 9th, 2017