Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey A Matzoni
Dr. Jeffrey A Matzoni, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Mechanicsburg, PA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Matzoni is affiliated with Holy Spirit Hospital A Geisinger Affiliate. Dr. Matzoni has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey A Matzoni has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
I've had three visit already. Follow up from the ER; lyme positive. The lyme was bad enough that it was causing tremors, triggering very painful migraines, causing the muscles in my back to spasm etc. The doxy was causing me to vomit almost daily. This 'dr' would not provide me any types of prescription for my comfort while the doxy worked. Refused to give me anything for nausea or pain or anxiety. I called his office crying from the pain terrified because I was having panic attacks and he did nothing. When I returned after three days of begging him for relief he just smiled at me the whole visit. He blamed his staff for my not getting proper care in a timely fashion (twice). He feigned ignorance about my insurance company denying the one thing he called in to my pharmay. Cvs denied it because i was given the same thing at urgent care. When I asked why he would not prescribe me any thing else he said he could get in trouble. How can a dr get in trouble for treating a patient with an illness? This 'dr' doesn't care about your well being. His nurse takes my blood and he refers me to real doctors. One of the things he was more than willing to throw at me was prozac. How is that not irresponsible. He is not able to answer questions he just goes into 'I don't know', this is bad, that is good. He doesn't discuss options or take any input you provide about how you own body reacts ro certain treatments.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2014, 2013, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Matzoni is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Jeffrey A Matzoni accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Internal Medical Associates Pc, 6 Market Plaza Way, Mechanicsburg, PA
Dr. Jeffrey A Matzoni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mechanicsburg, PA.