Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey R Mcconnell has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Spinal Fractures
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Infectious Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I recommend Dr McConnell to everyone I meet with back issues - and they seem to be everywhere. My experience with him and his team was everything I could have hoped for. They were quick , efficient and ultimatly effective... what a relief! I recieved a micro-discectomy from Dr. McConnell and as soon as anesthesia wore off it was obvious that there was a great improvement. It has been about 9 months since the operation and my back feels stronger than it has for many years.
Had one month of pain relief after surgery.Totally botched surgery then avoided my complaints for six months.Finally gave me a diagnosis and remedy that I did not agree with. Sought second opinion from a nationally recognized spinal surgeon who corrected McConnells' surgery. Would most definately NOT recommend him to anyone for spinal surgery.
I wish I would have found Dr. McConnell 9 years ago. Before my disc surgery I had severe back pain from a bad disc L5-S1 and was unable to play simple things with my ten year old son. It was heart breaking to him and me. I was heading towards disability. I had the disc replacement surgery from Dr. McConnell; three months later I am a new person. Today I am playing with my son, Pain Free. Thank you to Dr. McConnell, O.A.A .and St. Lukes Hosp. of AllentownOther than a few scheduling issues, it was a wonderful experience!
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
33 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1985
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Jeffrey R Mcconnell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOaa Orthopedic Specialists, 250 Cetronia Rd Ste 303, Allentown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey R Mcconnell in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey R Mcconnell is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Allentown, PA.