Dr. Jeffrey R Meehan Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey R Meehan?

Above and beyond

I agree with the other comments that Dr. Meehan is thorough and knowledgeable although businesslike. I've had a couple of experiences, however, that showed me that he is more than that. Once I had unexplainable fever and weakness and he kept me in the office for several hours while he ran various tests and checked on me. Another time I cut my finger while cooking just before his closing time; I begged him to just see me to tell me whether I needed to get stitches, so I could avoid a trip to the ER (and calling off the dinner party I was cooking for) if it wasn't necessary. He waited BEYOND closing time till I could get there, and then stitched me up himself. These incidents both happened over 15 years ago, but they left me confident that Dr. Meehan would doggedly do whatever was required to keep me healthy.

Very professional

First of all, over the years he's never kept me waiting for an appointment. I appreciate that. He seems to know his stuff and keeps up on new developments in medical trends. If he doesn't know for sure, he will recommend a visit to a specialist. He's friendly and very courteous but businesslike, which is fine with me. I don't need a friend, I need a doctor.

Very thorough with great follow up

Dr. Meehan is methodical and results oriented in his practice. He is businesslike in his demeanor, so if you want someone to hold your hand a commiserate with you, find another Doctor. If you want a diagnosis, facts and a plan of action - he's your guy.

excellent follow-up

When abnormal lab results came in when I was out of town, Dr. Meehan tracked me down and called my hotel. Thorough and thoughtful treatment.

Heart attack

When walked in with severe chest, back, arm pain the nursing staff on duty, the Dr. & the EKG personal were very unresponsive & very slow.