Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey S Nugent has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
- Watery Eyes
- Food Allergies
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Hay Fever
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I was initially impressed with Dr Nugent during the first appointment with him. He said that if I had an allergy problem he or one of the other doctors could see me within 2 days. But when I had a severe reaction to my allergy shots, I was told I had to wait 1 month to see the nurse practitioner or 7 weeks to see Dr Nugent. No nurse or doctor was available in the office that day to help me with allergic reactions from the allergy shots.I asked if I could leave the doctor a message to let him know what had happened to me so he or his nurse could call me to tell me what I should do . The scheduling staff just looked at me like that was such an absurd idea. They then decided they could schedule a "double booking" appointment for me in 2 weeks with Dr Nugent . Today was my appointment with dr Nugent. Sad to say, after his nurse checked my vitals, I waited for over an hour and never saw the doctor. Apparently he and his nurse had forgotten (?) I was there.... Lack of caring is what hurts the most, especially when one feels so sick....
I made an appointment and it took them 15 minutes to check me in. I sat and waited for 1 hour and 15 min. They never once said that I would be helped soon. I went to the counter and asked when i will be seen and they asked if I would like to cancel. The service they provided me was horrible at best. I would not recommend them to anyone.
20 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Jeffrey S Nugent accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN BIEN Northern NV Plan HMO
- Health Plan of NV HMO Northern NV
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Northern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJeffrey Scott Nugent Md, 8610 Technology Way, Reno, NV
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey S Nugent in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey S Nugent is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reno, NV.