Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey S Poole has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jeffrey S Poole has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Poole is a knowledgeable and competent gastroenterologist. I agree with a previous reviewer that touch-feely is not his style, rather he gets down to business. However, he seemed surprised and a bit miffed that I asked a fair number of questions. It is important to me to be a participant in my health care, and Dr. Poole doesn't seem to be interested in that kind of rapport.
Dr. Poole is in high demand. He's thorough but he doesn't waste any time either. He gave me the information I needed, no more, no less. If you're looking for a "touchy-feely" experience, he's probably not your man. But if you want a skilled professional who is effective and accurate, he's just the Gastroenterologist you need to see. I'm definitely going to return to see five years from now.
I am upset that the doctor forced me to come in on two separate days (one for an upper endoscopy and another day the following week for a colonoscopy) all so that he could get paid more. Meanwhile I had to take two days off of work. Despite all his testing he spent very little time ever talking to me. Would never go back to him.
22 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
The University Of Toledo Medical Center
Dr. Jeffrey S Poole accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUtah Digestive Health Institute, 6028 S Ridgeline Dr Ste 201, Ogden, UT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey S Poole in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey S Poole is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ogden, UT.