Dr. Jeffrey A Rochlen Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey A Rochlen?

Excellent caring doctor. Needs to review the staffing Beaumont provides him with.

The reviews don't lie

We visited him for our daughter and weren't impressed. He seemed rushed, scatter brained and like he was watching the clock. (Even though the waiting room was dead!) He was also very short and abrupt while answering our questions. He was even ruder on the phone the next time we spoke. He needs to have a better bedside manner, especially when dealing with children. Might be ok as an adult pcp, but wasn't great as a pediatrician.

Prescribes unnecessary tests, incompetent rude staff

Dr. Is big on expensive, unnecessary tests. His front desk staff are rude and incompetent, lose prescriptions, slow to work on referrals, good luck if you have an HMO. He misread some test results last physical and my holistic doctor luckily saw his error. He moves you in and out, apparently making a quota for tests prescribed and number of patients seen. No follow up whatsoever.

Office Changes and Doctor's Attitude Adversely Effect Care

I have been a patient of Dr. Rochlen for about 10 years. Over this time, what I once looked at as issues with an inexperienced practice has now become significantly troubling. Over the past year he has taken on an office partner and his entire office staff of caring professionals has turned over to a group of rude assistants. The office which used to be comfortable, is now overcrowded. While it was difficult to schedule a block of time with him, it has now become very frustrating. He doesn't seem to have enough time to listen to patient issues, especially if they are multiple or complex. His tendency of reading patient notes very loudly into a dictation machine was annoying, but I became especially concerned on my last visit when he was dictating STD results and I could clearly see the patient he was discussing through a wide open door in another exam room. In my last contact with him, he failed to do personal follow-up on test results and the medication he prescribed was clearly not indicated for the result. I don't think it caused any harm, but waiting to see if it work when tests clearly said it wouldn't just meant more time suffering with the illness. I think it is also a trend these days, but he also seems way overeager to refer patients to specialists. His referrals don't always seem well informed, as well. On multiple occasions he has referred me to specialists who were not actively accepting new patients. Its been good and bad with Dr. Rochlen, but I think its time to find a new PCP.

This man shouldn't be allowed around the public

I was looking for a pediatrician for my child and visited this office twice before deciding to never come back. The staff at the counter was polite. The office was close to home. Dr Rochlen was a nightmare to have to deal with tho. The first time i went I felt rushed from the second he walked in the room until just a few short minutes later when he was backing himself 3/4 out the door while I was still voicing health concerns. I had 3 questions for the entire visit and I was barely allowed one of them. On the second visit he was just as visibly agitated with every minute that passed while he was in the room. He showed off his egocentric attitude and arrogance. He actually stood closer to me and raised his voice to argue with me at one point when i asked for more information on a simple health question. Not only did he make us feel unwanted in his office, but he dictated our entire visits loudly in the hallway for everyone to hear. AVOID THIS MAN AT ALL COSTS.

Awful awful awful!! If you choose this doctor get ready to visit his office 4 times before he hears what you have to say. Everything negative on this page is 100% accurate. I almost believe the positive comments have to be written by his staff. He is horrible. Oddly enough after I started complaining about him to friends I found other negative story's. Do yourself a favor dont pick him because he is close to home, spend the gas money and drive a little farther.

Dr Rochlen is not only skilled in medicine; he is skilled in patient communication and concern. He always has time to answer an email concern of mine and/or ask how my husband is doing with his medical concerns at the rehab center. He goes out of his way to show concern for his patients. I would recommend him before any other doctor.

So glad I found him

My husband and I absolutely love Dr. Rochlen and his staff. As first time parents we found it overwhelming trying to randomly pick a pediatrician for our new baby. I fully expected to have to visit a few before finding one we liked. I'm glad to say he was the first and only one we had to see. The staff is wonderful and helpful and we've never had to wait more than a couple minutes to see the Dr. He does tend to record himself, rather loudly, after your visit, but that honestly does not bother me any. It's not like anyone knows who he is talking about, and doing that makes him able to help you better and recall all the information from your past visits. I have had nothing but great experiences with Dr. Rochlen and all of his staff. I would definately recommend him.

told me I had chest congestion. hospital verified it was nasal, as I had said.wanted to prescribe BP meds, based on first BP reading at office. again, hospital shows no real BP issues.all of what you read about him dictating notes so that all can hear is true!

Glad I found him!

He thinks about you as an individual and uses compassion and brians to make a plan of action. He will listen to you very well as long as he feels you are trying to listen and understand when he speaks. He is a bit abrupt at times but is trying to look out for your health. He is always available for follow up calls or emails and genuinely cares. Staff is also friendly.

Terrible Bedside Manner

Dr Rochlen is loud, curt and abrupt to the point of being rude. He will also speak LOUDLY into a recorder in the hallway about your symptoms so that other patients can hear. He will not discuss your options in terms of medication and care. He knows very little about treating chronic illnesses. He did not follow up on my care and I ended to have to go to a specialist because he did not stay abreast of the changes in my bloodwork. He is not a competent, compassionate doctor at all. Really, the worst Doctor I have ever encountered.

I do definitely NOT recomment Dr. Rochlen

In the short relationship I had with Dr. Rochlen he has quickly exhibited some of the worst and unethical behaviour doctors can exibit:- Forces the purchase of unwanted and unneeded medicine.- Forces unneeded and costly analytical work done and then withholds results.- Does not listen to his patient.- Refuses to discuss side effects of medications.All in all, a physician of questionable professional integrity who you rather want to avoid, for yourself and your family.