Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey A Rumbaugh has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Facial Paralysis
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Lyme Disease
- Transverse Myelitis
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Bell's Palsy
- Migraine Disorder
- Infectious Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I saw him twice, with concerns about a Chiari Malformation. He informed me that even though my brain stuck out of my skull 4 mm, it was not a Chiari malformation, and it wasn't causing my pain and my problems. He tried to put me on migraine meds, which my insurance denied. When I went back, he decided before I was even done explaining things that I had rebound headaches. He talked down to me, treated me like I was stupid for even thinking I had Chiari (which a neurosurgeon a few months later told me I had a Chiari malformation and I was operated on months later). I felt like he decided what I had without listening to me, he didn't seem to know what he was talking about, but appeared to think he knew everything.
Upon relocating, I made an appointment with this doctor based on his credentials. Having had a neurological diagnosis for THREE years (and being on disability for the same)... At my first visit, I felt his questioning was combative, and at one point, he actually "snickered" to my face; I should have walked out right then! In the end, he totally discredited my prior diagnosis (among other things that I will not go into).
He ordered 3 MRI'son my spine and couldn't open them on his computer because he didn't have java on his computer. Then he had his nurse tell me he didn't really even need to look at my MRI's. At $750 each I will be paying off for a long time. No one is looking at them. He's left me in a lurch. I have never heard of this.
18 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Jeffrey A Rumbaugh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsWatson Clinic Llp, 1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd, Lakeland, FL
Dr. Jeffrey A Rumbaugh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakeland, FL.