Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey I Schwartz has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jeffrey I Schwartz has the following 14 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Schwartz's office is extremely organized and efficient. The polite receptionist answers the phone during business hours and is able to answer any questions about your prescriptions or appointment dates. Dr. Schwartz is very knowledgeable about medications and gives you professional answers to your questions. I also find the office convenient in that I can follow up by phone, and their office takes care of getting the prescription to my pharmacy.
I am very happy to have found Dr. Schwartz. I had major problems with ADHD, and I have been helped immeasurably by his treatment. He is very knowledgeable about psychiatric treatments, and is very convenient to work with. His office staff is very professional and answers the phone directly during office hours. I have found working with Dr. Schwartz a pleasure.
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBrod Alvarez & Miller MDs, 12304 Santa Monica Blvd Ste 210, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Jeffrey I Schwartz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.