Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey S Shilt has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Jeffrey S Shilt has the following 11 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Brain Injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Muscle Spasticity
- Cerebral Palsy
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Injuries
Dr. Jeffrey S Shilt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Shilt treated my newborn (6 days old) for a severe case of club feet. He was fantastic and more than competent. He is a quiet doctor and not too chatty if that bothers you, however, I want a doctor that can do the job. He personally molded the casts each week on my son's feet. It was apparent that he has high expectations of staff--keeps them on their toes. Thankful for him. I can not speak as to what the current facility offers for wait time as he was our doctor in North Carolina. However, the facility that we used always had a full waiting room, but the demand was just that high. Worth the wait.
At first I felt like Dr. Shilt was a bit dismissive. My 5-year-old daughter has some in-toeing. After examining her briefly, he said was very minor and he was nearly certain that she would grow out of it with no treatment. I was not convinced, and, to his credit, he listened and agreed to reconsider when I described some other issues I was having with her (which I wasn't sure were related). Eventually, he gave her a diagnosis of spastic hemiplegia and referred me to an excellent physical therapist. I was so grateful to him for listening to me - even though my daughter's condition is very mild, it has been such a relief to have a diagnosis and to understand WHY she has the issues that she does.
Dr. Schilt is very competent and excellent in his care. He took time to really talk to us the parents and to our daughter about the scoliosis diagnosis. He was quiet at first but was very willing to answer and discuss questions. He was knowledgeable and able to describe the history and options of scoliosis care. He has work quite a bit with the Providence back brace and has had great success in treating our daughter.
26 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Jeffrey S Shilt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTexas Medical Center, 6701 Fannin St, Houston, TX
Dr. Jeffrey S Shilt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.