Dr. Jeffrey A Silver Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey A Silver?

Rude and Arrogant

I was admitted to Heritage Hospital a couple of years ago and had the misfortune of seeing Dr Silver. I have several lung diseases that must be managed very carefully. My main Pulmonologist is at Duke. I requested him to call Duke and talk to my doctor there because I was not supposed to have IV fluids unless absolutely necessary because a fluid overload can put me into Heart Failure. I was admitted on a Friday. He started IV anyway. Didn't come back to my room until Monday and I again gave him the Name and number for my doc at Duke. I had a suspicion that he had not called them, so I called. Found out that he had not called and my doc said for him to stop IV immediately. During the night Monday night I went into Heart Failure and was having great difficulty breathing. One of the nurses weighed me and I had put on 16 pounds of fluid in 3 days. When he came into my room on Tuesday I told him of the trouble I had during the night and that my doctor at Duke wanted the IV stopped immediately. He walked to the IV pump and turned it off, left the room and never came back. I was in the hospital an additional 7 days and did not see him again. I would not go back to him for anything and if I have lung problems again I will go to Nash or Pitt.

Could be more professional.

He usually is very nice and knowledgeable but recently I tried to give a detail description and what I thought was the problem. He became very rude and said oh well you be the doctor then. Keep looking this doctor is a pass. Go to rocky mount this small town doctor isn't worth a toot.

Former Patient

Dr Silver is a very charismatci individual and can be quite charming. He is very smart in his chosen field. After settling down, he is an assett to the Tarboro Clinic. He is not above mistakes and needs to be more reseptive to this.