Dr. Jeffrey Steinberg Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Steinberg?

Posted on September 14th, 2017

I did some more research, and I went to a seminar with an attorney who went through some important points about surrogacy. One of the most important points he talked about is sharing the risk. The Attorney said you should look for a Doctor who is willing to share the risk. Why would someone be motivated to succeed if they get paid whether they succeed or not? This statement really hits home for us we paid over 40k for each egg donor cycle. We needed three egg donor cycles to create eight embryos for the desired gender. (side note: Dr. Steinberg has gender selection virtually 100% guaranteed). In my research, I have found multiple clinics that provide two or three cycle package and guarantee that that if the cycles don’t result in a birth, you’ll receive some of your money back. I was shocked to find out that those clinics go as far as a birth of your child with their guarantee. When Our First Surrogate decided she made a mistake doing the surrogacy and the surrogacy didn’t take Dr. Steinberg and the Lawyer said they would reduce their prices. We received a bill from the Institute for $7,000.00 which was more than what we expected but less than the first surrogacy cycle. Then the Lawyer sent us a bill for almost $10,000.00 dollars – first cycle was $5,600.00. We complained, and Steinberg convinced the Lawyer to reduce his fees. – New fees $7,200.00. The excuse was that the procedure is complicated and time consuming. The real reason is that surrogacy is not legal for foreigners in Mexico and skating around Mexico’s laws are costly. The child is considered the surrogates, and then they have the parents adopt their own child from the surrogate. Weeks later Dr. Steinberg billed us for the remaining medical fees. The Institute draws you in and continues to bill the Intended Parents. Once you make any type of payment you’re not going to get any of it back, so you can’t win any argument. You have two choices; • Try to make the best of it and hope you receive a loved one out of the bind you’re in • Walk away from thousands of dollars. Gender Selection The Fertility Institute has on their website that it is virtually 100% guaranteed!!! Ask the doctor how he can state that when there are so many variables. • They can’t sort for the right chromosome to get the gender selection. (Sperm) • They pick from several million sperm cells to penetrate the egg. • They have to hope that they chose the correct sperm cell. • They have to hope that the sperm cell they chose is healthy. • They have to hope that the sperm cell they chose has the correct number of chromosomes. (23) • They have to hope that the egg the eggs is healthy. • They have to hope that the egg only 23 chromosomes. • They have to hope that the embryo that is created survives the freezing cycle. • You have to hope that the embryo survives the thawing cycle. • You have to hope they were able to create enough of the desired gender. • You have to hope that if the first cycle didn’t work, that the 2nd embryo survived when it was re-frozen and a second thaw process. And the list goes on. Our first cycle resulted in 23 egg cells, our second cycle resulted in 32 egg cells, and our third cycle resulted in 27 egg cells. The end result was only 8 egg cells that made it through the IVF process, 4 were good quality, and 4 were fair. If I had done my homework and went with one of the clinics that provided the guarantee, the cost would have been only a 3rd of Steinberg’s price, plus a refund of $10,000.00.

Posted on February 25th, 2015

Heartless doctor, after he gets your $ he will spend 1 minute with you before any procedure. No phone calls or explanations after procedures! That office took about $ 70,000.00 + from else and we ended up with no baby & absolutely no explanation. Find a new clinic!!!

STAY AWAY

Posted on June 30th, 2014

I agree with reviews, staff is extremely rude, I would not recommend this office to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on September 6th, 2012

Please listen people! Dr. Stein berg and his staff are beyond horrible. I know that many Doctors are businessmen and money comes first, but this Doctor is the most uncaring and negligent Doctor I have ever came across! In the middle of my treatment I realized what a horrible person he was and I walked away from over $20,000. Please stay away!

Don't Do It!

Posted on June 27th, 2012

Don't fall for the high-end sales pitch! Heartless staff will jeopardize your treatment and you may end up paying $28,000 with no recourse when it fails due to their negligence.

AWFUL!!!!

Posted on September 28th, 2011

I wouldn't recommended him to my worst enemy!!!! He and his staff are COMPLETELY unorganized and extremely Disfunctional!!!!

Posted on February 6th, 2010

he is a horrible physisician... i told him to what i wanted and he never did it... he never ran any diagnostics or checked my tubes... i spent over 26,000 with him and i never got pregnant

Posted on September 20th, 2009

Horrible Doctor! Extremely misleading and has no heart. I stopped treatment after I learned what a con artist he is. I would not recommend this Doctor Jeffrey Steinberg even to my enemy!!!!!!!

Posted on November 21st, 2017