Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey D Strickler
Dr. Jeffrey D Strickler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houghton Lake, MI. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Strickler is affiliated with Mid Michigan Medical Center Clare. Dr. Strickler has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey D Strickler has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Weight Loss
- Tendon Transfer
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I've been seeing Dr Strickler now for over 3 years. He is very professional and everyone in the office is friendly. My medical care has been spot on every time and I can credit him with diagnosing me properly when after 5 years several other doctors were unable to. After my surgery I feel 1000 percent better.
He dismissed me from midmichigan practice. Even though I had proof in black and white the reason he dismissed me was wrong, he didn't want to talk about it or could not admit he was wrong. I would not recomend him to anyone. He does not care about his patients health and wellbeing. He has no profesional or personal morals.
I am so happy to have Dr. Strictler as my physician. He is kind and compassionate. He quickly diagnoses my health issues and finds a remedy. I feel comfortable with him and enjoy his sense of humor. I have been a patient with this doctor for 8 years and am totally satisfied with how he handles my health care. His staff is very friendly and accomodating. I highly recommend Dr. Strictler to my family and friends!
Dr. Strickler saved my life, so I guess I'm a bit predjudiced. With no apparent reason other than his ears and a stethascope, he ordered an EKG. That was followed by open heart surgery, and nobody in our entire family has ever had heart problems. So, as the cardiologist said how close it came to my end, I give him credit where credit is due. THANK YOU DR. STRICKLER !!!!
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Strickler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Edward W Sparrow Hospital
Dr. Jeffrey D Strickler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMid Michigan Health Park, 9249 W Lake City Rd, Houghton Lake, MI
Dr. Jeffrey D Strickler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houghton Lake, MI.