Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey Sverd has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Tourette Syndrome
- Migraine Disorder
- Pervasive Child Development Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Sleep Disorders
- Tic Disorders
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Sverd really takes the time to hear what you have to say. He understands and listens. He gave me hope. He's very caring, gentle, and kind. He makes sure his patients understand what he's saying. Dr. Sverd is also very knowledgeble about autism and aspergers syndrome. He's the best psychiatrist ever!!
My son, who suffers from severe OCD,severe depression,self mutilation anxiety and panic disorders, and agoraphobia,(feaar of leaving the house). My son was kicked out of the practice after being a patient for almost 2 years. Reason being.....he had 2 appointments that were canceled with less than 24 hours, and the new girl in the office, who thinks its cute to put on the stupid little look at how cute I am, don't tell the Dr I screwed up act.How does a Dr take care of such a sick kid and then just drop him like he was garbage.
Dr. Sverd is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Dr. Jeffrey Sverd accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore Child & Family Guidance Center, 480 Old Westbury Rd, Roslyn Heights, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey Sverd in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey Sverd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roslyn Heights, NY.