Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey C Teich has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I have found Dr. Teich to be very unprofessional. He has been blunt in a hurtful manner to my relative. Dr. Teich described my relative's diagnosis in the most disrespectful way I have ever heard a physician speak. I was truly taken aback. I feel that his lack of knowledge of disabilities and of the proper interactions of medications prohibits him from providing the best care for my relative. I would never recommend him to another individual seeking a psychiatrist. I regret having utilized his services.
When I first met Dr. Teich I thought he was very thorough with his examinations. I had seen him one time for an IME which I referred by EMC insurance company. The appointment went well so I thought. It wasn't until the report was sent to my lawyer that I figured out this docter wrote a very favorable report for the insurance company which couldn't have been further from the truth. I understand now Dr. Teich works directly with EMC because he gets all their business because he writes whatever EMC wants to hear. All this insurance stuff is so fraudulent and so political it makes me sick
Dr. Teich helped me accept and become highly functional with my mental health challenges. Straight forward approach to address my needs. Recognized quickly what I needed on first meeting and has worked with me over past 9 years to change plan as needed. Made me realize I could function and have relationships and not be controlled by my mental health disease.Excellent and I too like many others feel that I could be living a very different life if it was not for his approach and the results I have received.
Dr. Teich is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Jeffrey C Teich accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJeffrey Claude Teich Md, 636 Church St Ste 407, Evanston, IL
Dr. Jeffrey C Teich is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Evanston, IL.