Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey Thorley
Dr. Jeffrey Thorley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with another office in Philadelphia, PA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine, Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Thorley is affiliated with Fox Chase Cancer Center, Mainland Medical Center and Mainland Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey Thorley has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
My husband was sent to Dr. Thorley for an IMA examination. My husband was subjected to the uncleanliness and unsanitary conditions of the IMA facility. If that was a Veterinary Clinic that I walked into with my dog, I would have turned around and walked out. Dr. Thorley was very rude and disrespectful. It was obvious that he was only there to collect whatever Social Security pays him to see patients that are applying for SS disability. I was appalled and it was heartbreaking to sit there and allow my husband to be treated the way that he was treated after the horrific health issues he has faced over the past 4 years. All doctors take an âoathâ when they become doctors. I have never met a doctor so inhumane in my whole life. My husband is not some statistic, looking for a handout and he did not ask to have health issues that have turned our lives upside down. Dr. Thorley needs to do some real soul searching and take a hard look in the mirror , and imagine that this was his loved one, or perhaps his mother or father. Could he honestly say with good conscience that it would be acceptable for them to receive this same treatment? I would certainly hope not.
Dr. Thorley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Fox Chase Cancer Center
Mainland Medical Center
John Sealy Hospital
44 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1969
Dallas Co Hp Parkland Memorial
Dr. Jeffrey Thorley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jeffrey Thorley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.