Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey M Tioco has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Jeffrey M Tioco has the following 19 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Dr. Jeffrey M Tioco has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jeffrey M Tioco is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 44
I waited for an extra hour and a half, in the waiting room, after my mother's knee surgery because I was told the doctor would come down to speak with family. He never showed. They even called him and confirmed that he left. He never came back or even called me. I took my mom to every follow-up office visit and finally met him 6 months later because I asked the nurse practitioner to send him in. He had no clue why he was sent into my mom's room and started talking to her about her shoulder. The surgery had been on her knees :( #notimpressed
I was referred to this doctor by a friend. I had a torn meniscus.Dr. Tioco wanted me to do therapy for 6 weeks. I went to a different orthopedic doctor, had surgery within the week. MY knee is doing great now. I feel I waisted a lot of time waiting for my appt. with tioco. He billed my insurance $740.00 for the first appt.
I would recommend this doctor for shoulder repair. He went in for a simple repair and because shoulders are notoriously difficult to diagnose even with the best imaging, he had to do other repairs (the national average on correct diagnosis with my particular injury is 50%). After the surgery and recovery I've met 50 people with the same injury including a former sox pitcher, and every one of them seems to believe my shoulder is doing better than theirs ever did. I have full range of motion, my strength is back to 90% of peak performance and I have been growing stronger daily so i expect that to continue with practice. In one area I am actually at better performance than I was pre-injury. He's a little standoffish, I suspect he is shy. Although he didn't spend a lot of time with me his surgical nurse is there the entire time for every appointment. His phone number is incorrect in a number of places so it's difficult to arrange appointments without knowing the correct number. My biggest problem and someone else mentioned this is that he is not practical when it comes to treatment vs occupation. I worked as a barge loader a job that routinely requires me to lift 100-200 pounds above my head daily and he gave me the all clear to return to work within six weeks. Luckily my Rehabilitation therapist stepped in and told him no otherwise I would have been expected to work at a job that was impossible to do in my condition, endangering people's lives in the process. He clearly works on the side of Businesses and insurance and is not much for patient rights, but I forgive him considering how good a job he did in repairing my shoulder.
Dr. Tioco is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Jeffrey M Tioco accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMunster Orthopedic Clinic, 9132 Columbia Ave, Munster, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey M Tioco in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey M Tioco is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Munster, IN.