Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr Jeffrey Vakil
Dr Jeffrey Vakil, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Blue Bell, PA, with other offices in Abington, PA and Willow Grove, PA . He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr Vakil is affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Temple University Hospital and NORTHEASTERN HOSPITAL TEMPLE EAST.
Dr Jeffrey Vakil has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Orthopedic Procedures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
First i want to thank you Dr Vakil for getting me back to my normal life style i remember suffering for most of this year not being able to do the things i like best, golfing and working out on a daily bases also i can return to doing my lawn and gardening again I highly would recommend Dr Jefferey Vakil to anyone who is in need of a hip joint replacement.
It has been 5 months since my left hip replacement. I wasn't sure about getting surgery. I became so used to the everyday pain when walking, sitting, kneeling and standing up, and trying to put my socks on that I would say “I don't need surgery. “ Dr. Vakil gave me complete information on all the treatment options so that I could make the decisions that were best for me, as the pain in my hip progressed. I appreciated this instead of going right to surgery. I just wanted to say thank you, Dr. Vakil! Today, I can walk 1 1/2 miles without pain. Now, when I walk across a parking lot, I don't have to first get a shopping cart to lean on. This is a big deal for me because I can make it to the store door on my own strength. That painless walk across the parking lot puts a smile on my face, when I think about how much mobility I have gained since my surgery :) Now, when I garden, I don’t have to worry about how I am going to get up off the ground! The online/app Force rehabilitation was a great resource for me, too. It was always there if I forgot how to do an exercise. Thank you once again, Dr. Vakil . ...and when your Mom reads this, I want to thank her, also, for raising a considerate, loving person :)
Dr. Vakil definitely cares for his patients. He's very professional yet has a friendly. It took about 2 years before I knew that a total knee replacement was my only option. Every step of the way, Dr Vakil explained what he was doing... cortisone shots, PT to help strengthen muscles, to synvisc shots and eventually a knee brace. Of course anyone is anxious when it comes to surgery day but Dr Vakil and his team helped so much to ease me through the process. My post-op visits were very good. There was no problem if I needed scripts for post-op PT. I would definitely recommend him if you're looking at possible surgery in your future!
Dr Vakil is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Temple University Hospital
Central Montgomery Medical Center
14 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 2003
Dr Jeffrey Vakil accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr Jeffrey Vakil in this video.
Dr Jeffrey Vakil is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Willow Grove, PA.