More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey T Vangelderen has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I had a very poor experience on my first visit with my child. The office staff was cold and the nurse or tech that escorted us to our room was also cold and rude in answering questions I presented. I am sad to say that this first impression was a lasting impression which ultimately led me to find a new doctor. The doctor answered my questions but also was "all business". The only person in that entire office that exuded any compassion was the nurse who gave the vaccines.
Dr Jeff is caring and professional. I have taken all 5 of my children to him- the 2 oldest are now in college. His office will see my sick children anyday I call- even saturday mornings. I have always had great trust and confidence in his caring and abilities. I recommend him to all my family and friends
dr. Van geldren was very uncaring when I took my newborn daughter in for what was ultimately diagnosed as an ear infection. I spoke with his office nurse 6 times over a 6 week period, telling her my daughter wouldn't stop crying, was having trouble nursing and also trouble breathing because of a stuffy nose. This being my first child, they told me I was overreacting and didn't need to be seen. I wound up taking her in twice even though they said it was unnecessary. They told me it was nothing to worry about. After having "a cold" for 6 weeks, I called and said my daughter needed to be seen or I was taking her to the ER,. It took me telling the doctor she had swollen lynph nodes for him to look in her ears. He then told me she had a double ear infection because I WAITED SO LONG TO BRING HER IN! Needless to say I am in search of a better docotr
33 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Jeffrey T Vangelderen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Medical Group Of Saginaw Bay, 248 Washington Ave Ste A, Bay City, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey T Vangelderen in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey T Vangelderen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bay City, MI.