Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey Childers
Dr. Jeffrey Childers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cape Girardeau, MO. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Childers is affiliated with Southeast Missouri Hospital and St Francis Medical Center - Cape Girardeau. Dr. Childers has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey Childers has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 10
There are a few things I like about Dr. Childers and his office. He is a very nice doctor, and is easy to talk to. He takes pleanty of time to talk with you, and listen to any question or concerns you may have. His staff is also kind and helpful. Unfortunately, the wait in the office is somewhat long, although you can get an appointment very quickly. I would not trust the diagnosis given by Dr. Childers, based on my experiences there. After my visits there for a problem, I always have to go somewhere else to get the help I need. In my case his diagnosis was completely wrong, and the treatment he suggested would have been harmful to me. He listened to what I said about my opposition to certain treatments, yet he didn't take that into consideration when deciding what he thought I should do. He is very pleasant and nice, but I would not go back or recommend him anyone else.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Childers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Southeast Missouri Hospital
St Francis Medical Center - Cape Girardeau
15 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions150 S Mount Auburn Rd, Cape Girardeau, MO
Dr. Jeffrey Childers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cape Girardeau, MO.