Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey Weisz
Dr. Jeffrey Weisz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with another office in Portland, OR. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology. Dr. Weisz is affiliated with Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center, Kaiser Permanente - Riverside Medical Center and Kaiser Fdn Hosps - Harbor City & Carson. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey Weisz has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Weisz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center
Kaiser Permanente - Riverside Medical Center
Kaiser Fdn Hosps - Harbor City & Carson
UCLA Medical Center
Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Bellflower
Kaiser Permanente Baldwin Park Medical Center
Bellflower Medical Center
West Anaheim Medical Center
Kaiser Permanente Panorama City Medical Center
Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills Medical Center
Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center
41 Years Experience
Wayne State University
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Jeffrey Weisz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jeffrey Weisz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.