Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffrey M Wishik has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Jeffrey M Wishik has the following 9 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Jeffrey M Wishik has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jeffrey M Wishik is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
The receptionist who so happens to be his wife is rude and unpleasant. She is just awful. After being a patient for over 2 yrs I decided to leave after being refused service over a minor billing dispute. While trying to clear things up with my insurance company, I was asked to leave because I was cutting into her lunch break. Dr. Wishik is fine, their PA is actually nice but the receptionist is terrible.
The receptionist (her name is Wishik so must be the Dr's family) was really mean first to my son when he showed up for an appointment and then to me when I called to clarify the situation with her the next day. My son was 5 minutes late and didn't have his copay on him, but was willing to give the credit card number. I was told that he broke two rules: he was late and didn't have his copay and that's why the doctor didn't see him. And one more thing: we should be happy she didn't charge us $75 for missed (???) appointment. Even before the incident, she would treat us like we owed her something.
37 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1981
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBrain Mapping & Computerized Neurophysiology, 1 Randall Sq Ste 409, Providence, RI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeffrey M Wishik in this video.
Dr. Jeffrey M Wishik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.