Dr. Jeffrey Zapinsky Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Zapinsky?

Excellent referral

Posted on March 28th, 2017

I was referred to Dr Zapinsky by my concierge Doctor after a bad experience with a previous Urologist. I found Dr Zapinsky very caring, knowledgeable and professional. My procedure was explained thoroughly and everything went as explained and expected. He made two followups to my recovery room to check on me and explained how the procedure went. I found his staff very pleasant and professional at the Pecos location. The staff was very efficient in setting up my procedure and was explained thoroughly. A real plus is that the office waits were surprisingly minimal.

Go somewhere else!

Posted on March 27th, 2017

I went to Dr Zapinsky for two issues in the last couple of years. First was for kidney stones and blood in my urine. He told me to "eat less spinach." He performed a painful cystography and found nothing so dismissed me and never retested my urine or investigated my kidney stones. My abdominal pain and kidney issues worsened and I returned to him at request of my GP to be evaluated for a recurrent UTI that was resistant to 4 courses of antibiotics. My type of GBS UTI is typically due to an underlying pathology in women my age. IM 42. Dr Zapinsky wasn't impressed. He prescribed antibiotics for a year and told me I was, "just getting older." My GP then referred me to an infectious disease Dr who actually cared and listened. He immediately discovered I had a parathyroid tumor that was the culprit making me so sick. Causing kidney stones, recurrent UTI, and intermittent blood in urine and many other issues. I will never return to Zapinsky. In my opinion he thinks way to highly of himself. Guess what Doc? You were wrong!

DRE

Posted on July 22nd, 2016

After visiting this Doctor, about an UTI. He wanted to give me a DRE, I refused he kept telling me I should have one since it's been a number of years since my last one. I agree to do it. He then proceed to solve his finger up my recturm, with very little grease on the glove. That's the last time, i ever went to this guy.

If time counts, find another doctor

Posted on February 23rd, 2015

bad scheduling, bad front desk help, a real attitude - government worker type attitude.

Unprofessional and uncaring

Posted on August 14th, 2013

I visited Zapinsky since my wife was his patient. I had a kidney stone and he told me he could remove it with a simple procedure. I went through the tests to confirm it. After the procedure (by the way he is part owner in the facility that does the procedures) he told me it was unsuccessful, and I would have to go to the hospital. He said it was held in scar tissue and would never come out without surgery. He told me to give his office a call to set up scheduling. What a laugh..the most unprofessional group in Vegas, didn't even know about it. They specialize in not returning calls and being rude. I sought a second opinion from another Urologist(Dr. Jane) Turned out that he was a buddy of Zapinsky and actually called him in front of me. They had a good laugh. Both said the stone had to be surgically removed, after making me feel like an idiot. After prayer, three days later the stone just came out intact and without blood. God did what these men could never do. I have been a pastor for over 40 years and pray God has mercy on both their souls. Whatever a man sows, he will reap. Payday is coming soon for those who play God.

Is it about $ or the patients well being

Posted on July 14th, 2013

I use Lapinsky in Vegas and was diagnosed w/ prostate cancer. He Referred to a surgeon in the network that's only done a little over 350 robotic operations. I was able to get intouch w/ an international surgeon that has done over 5000+ robotic operations located in NY. I needed to cancel my Las Vegas scheduled procedure so I can do the procedure in NY and doing so I received a letter from Dr Zapinsky stating "Please be advised that I will no longer be able to provide medical care for your urological problems. I would suggest that you contact Clark County Medical Association for a list of urologists should you need further care" Whats more important my well being or your POCKET. I need to have someone in Vegas after I get the surgery and do not understand that I have been dropped because I needed to go to the best. You as a professional should work with Dr. Samadi as I will be living in Vegas and need a urologist. It is definitely is not about my well being. POOR PROFESSIONALISM.

Posted on January 31st, 2012

I've been his patient for more than 15 years; and find him to be caring, professional, and current on new procedures and knowledgeable in new developments in urology

Posted on July 11th, 2009

Initial visit by male with prostrate cancer-Rectal exam, OK......Was NOT asked for a urine sample and drove 3 miles back to his office to "give" sample on my own. Waited 14 days for PSA report. Have NEVER encounter a disorganized and front office staff as poor at this facility. Faxed and called to see if I could get a prescription for a medicine I had been taking for 5 years from urologist in another state-Told by staff their policy was phone messages could take up to 72 hours to be "returned"- that answer was against their own "written" printed office policy(not requests for a prescription)..Also was told that a prescription could take 72 hours to be filled. Asked to speak to doctor after fax and two phone calls but a "nasty" assistant reiterated office procedure incorrectly also(vs. "written printed policy").Finally I had signed a transfer of medical history from my former out of state doctor to this office(as soon as I arrived). On same phone call front office said they had NOT received records and were unable to locate my "authorization"....Same day on subsequent call I was told they found authorization. Result: I will fly to visit my my former urologist as as he is far more professional and office staff is courteous and efficient.

Posted on November 20th, 2017