Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeffry R Klugman has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jeffry R Klugman has the following 17 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Panic Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffry R Klugman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I saw Dr. Klugman after he recommended that I be seen by him. Before meeting me he told my parents I was bi polar. I was young and didn't question him when he placed me on a cocktail of medications. I saw him right when I started experiencing PMS. But he never took that into consideration. Instead I went on medications that put me to sleep at night, caused significant weight loss and weight gain, and made me fall down a flight of stairs twice, causing me to need stitches and have scars that will never go away. I finally stopped seeing him when I went to college and saw a new doctor. I was told that I didn't show signs of bipolar disorder. I slowly started the process of coming off the nasty medications. After over 16 years I'm finally off my medications and sleeping at night. I realized that this man has made me fear having children of my own in fear they would have problems. He made me think I would never live a normal life. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder at a time I was entering puberty. I never should have seen him, and if I didn't, my face wouldn't have scars. I wouldn't have missed days of school from vomiting from dizziness each morning before school, or having to close one eye while looking at the chalk board because I saw double from the toxic levels of medications he had me on. This man doesn't deserve to practice medicine. He ruined my childhood into adulthood.
I recently went through a very difficult period, and thanks to Dr. Klugman's care I'm almost myself again. Dr. Klugman isn't a therapist in the sense of talking out your problems - he helps patients improve through medication - but he always takes a few minutes to ask me about the key problems as well as various symptoms to be sure things are as they should be.
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Jeffry R Klugman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsAtlantic Health Services, 400 Prospect St, New Haven, CT
Dr. Jeffry R Klugman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Haven, CT.