Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jehanzeb Qureshi has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 11
Been about 6 yr.s since I was there. ( was in serious vehicle accident in 2005 Dr. Q. Was my primary care Phys. For about 5 yr.s prior. Due to untimely care.. I was on my own finding spec .Dr.s..MRI,Catscans,X-Rays.Etc.Hag.hospital Dr.s ,surg.,Radi.,STAFF.Were all.great.Was there about 3 wk.s .TOO Little,To Late! (Felt more like I was making Car tuneup App.with RN/ secretary, than a dr App.,Nasty ! Ps. Gettysburg has BEST pain clinic in Tri. State Area without any doubt !! Permanent neck,shoulder,back injury. I Get tired of Dr.s asking me why I wasn't sent to have this or that "set", immediately.
My mother in law was in a nursing home for several months this fall. Dr Qureshi,her primary care doctor, visited her regularly and made her feel that he really cared about her and her circumstances. Whenever the nurses needed to get an order from him, he was very timely in his responses, even on a weekend, in one case. His office visists are on time and the staff is helpful. When we have needed help from Dr Qureshi at times other than regular visits, they have been very accommodating. I would highly recommmend this practice.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2011, 2008, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Qureshi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center
Dr. Jehanzeb Qureshi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWaynesboro Medical Associates, 12104 Buchanan Trl E, Waynesboro, PA
Dr. Jehanzeb Qureshi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waynesboro, PA.