The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jen-Yee Y Shen has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Jen-Yee Y Shen has the following 11 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Jen-Yee Y Shen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jen-Yee Y Shen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
he is a chinese old man that barely speak english and not friendly at all. He didn't look at me in the eyes while i'm talking about my problem which is acne. i was trying to ask like what should i eat? what kind of cleanser should i use etc, then he is like you can use whatever u like then keep writing. i was like what???? really??? come one.. He's really terrible, he didn't respect me at all! he shouldn't do this thing to his patients just because he is a doctor!!! he made my acne worsen! i've been there 3rd time. I feel so angry, i just wanted to say something bad in front of him! the last time i went there, i told him that my acne is getting worse, then i asked what should i do? he was like quite and thinking and said just use the medicine that i gave it to u before and gave me the same prescription as before. he is so dumb. i swear god i hate him! i swear he is not good! for god sake dont go to him!
The most unprofessional office and doctor ever! Dr. Jen-Yee started scolding me about having too many moles then started screamin I had cancer! He then told me to return once I got a refferal for a removal. The mole he was screaming about was on my stomach, yet the refferal he submitted was to have moles removed from my back and legs. While trying to schedule the appointment to remove several moles, I was told I had to get a refferal for each mole and pay a copay for each mole. This is by far the worst office ever.
He does not want to check and see what the patient's problem, he barely to look at the patient and not even touch. He just stand there and keep writing. He doesn't know what is the problem and doesn't know how to prevent the illness. No answer at all for the patient. All the patient get is the prescription (no advise at all!) BAD DOCTOR who doesn't care patient.
Dr. Shen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of California At Los Angeles School Of Dentistry
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Jen-Yee Y Shen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
Locations & DirectionsJen-Yee Shen Md, 801 W Valley Blvd Ste 104, Alhambra, CA
Dr. Jen-Yee Y Shen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alhambra, CA.