Dr. Jennie S Wheeler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jennie S Wheeler?

She is the best Internal Medicine Doctor Ever.

I love Dr. Wheeler so much!! She is the best Doctor I've ever had.

Dr. Wheeler has the best bedside manner and she is very professional and attentive. I would highly recommend her.

This woman can care less about her patients, she's never at work, she reschedules your appointment at the last minute. She wants you to keep coming in to her for problems that she doesn't help with. She just wants to keep collecting your money but want refer you out for help that she's unable to provide. She's a rip off and her bedside manners suck...

one of the greatest Doctors ever

I think she's one of the best doctors at UAB,I love this lady,she's was even there for me when my mom,was going through cancer,and for her to be diagnose with cancer herself,she understands,even the staff is great,

My favorite doctor ever. She listens to me and takes time to explain things to me.

I thought Dr. Wheeler was nice and thorough. I did go into the office with a written list of concerns and a list with exactly what I needed as far as blood tests, etc. for a yearly physical. She seemed to like that I came prepared. That is my suggestion for anytime you go to a doctor - go prepared with exactly what is wrong with you and a plan of action to suggest. You have to be proactive these days.

Most unpleasent experience

Rude - unfriendly personality - told me I just needed to get up off the couch and walk, eat right and lose weight 165# (how are we ever going to get this fat off you). I was extremely, extremely weak. Later found out I had a very rare,debiliting muscle disease. This was not the doctor for me - saw for about 2 years.

When I went to see her, I was very disappointed with the service from her. Everyone else did the job accordingly but she didn't. The receptionist was kind and so was her medical assistant. I had a 9:40 appointment. I was put in a room and vital signs were taken within 15 minutes of signing in. I didn't see Dr. Wheeler until 10:35. First of all, I hadn't seen her since 2012 and I have my own personal reasons for not being able to see her, Secondly, no one made any attempts to follow up and check on me to see if I was even still a patient, third issue, when she finally entered the room, she didn't address me by saying hello, how have you been, she just walked in and said, "what can I do for you today" that was so rude.... When I started to tell her what she could do for me, she questioned everything I said, as if I was a liar. I waited nearly an hour to see her and she wasn't in the room with me five minutes. I was so disgusted with her bedside manners, I've never experienced the arrogance as a patient but I see this from doctor's all the time when working with them. She's an embarrassment to UAB and health services. I was one of her first patients when she came to Kirklin Clinic before she even had any clientele. So, for her to treat me the way she did was very hurtful and disappointing. She didn't show any emotion or concern for me as a patient at all. I really hope Dr. Cynthia G.Brumfield will do something about her behavior because it's not a good look for good ole UAB/Health Services...

Pick another PCP!

I have seen Dr. Wheeler for over 2 years. I did not like her the first time I met her but I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. The second time I saw her she was friendlier. However, I wish I would have gone with my first instinct. At my last visit, I waited over an hour to see Dr. Wheeler and when she came in she was rude and acted like I was inconveniencing her. She didn't even bother apologizing for the wait. I came for a referral and needed to get blood work. She was adamant about only referring me to someone in the UAB system. I did not want this but I figured I would do whatever I needed to see the specialist and to avoid seeing her again. She concluded that she would order labs and refer me to the specialist. In addition, she only listened to my heart beat and stomach with her stethoscope for literally 8 seconds. In fact, she didn't bother telling me to get on the table. Once I got to labs, they said they needed blood work and urine. I immediately thought, “Why do I need to give urine? She never said anything about urine?” It turns out the test she ordered was a pregnancy test! We never discussed if I needed that test. It was a waste of money because I knew for certain that I wasn’t (you have to have sex to get pregnant...you don't need a M.D. to conclude that one!). I will never see her again for my healthcare needs, she has poor bedside manner, and I don’t recommend her. Overall, there are plenty of primary care physicians in the area to try. Do not waste your time or money.

Mrs.

I really feel comfortable and feel like Dr. Wheeler really listens to me. This is the first doctor I have had in my 40 years of going to doctors that seems genuinely interested and listens. I do have to wait beyond my appt time sometimes but I have never gone to a doctor that I have been right in and right out. I was 20 minutes late once and her nurse told me I would have to reschedule. I thought I would just be worked in. I did not expect to make her run behind but everytime I go to her I have to wait a good 20 minutes or so anyway. I weighed the fact that I do like her demeanor and she is a good doctor and really listens to me. I have a specialist at UAB that whenever I go to her I have to wait one hour to 2 hours no matter what. If you have a doctor that is good you will have to wait sometimes. The other negative comments from patients about Dr. Wheeler may well be the patients themselves. I know I am very satisfied and do not plan to change anytime soon.

she was very helpful. she gave me time and patience and yes I will use her from now on and tell my friends.

Very Satisfied......

I thought that Dr. Wheeler rocked...she gave me a complete explanation of some tests to be conducted and goals for overall treatment. She answered every question that I had, (there were many), and explained tests that would be needed in the future to assess my overall health.