Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jennifer J Abraham
Dr. Jennifer J Abraham, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bakersfield, CA. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Abraham is affiliated with San Joaquin Community Hospital, Bakersfield Memorial Hospital and Kern Medical Center. Dr. Abraham has received 6 awards. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Jennifer J Abraham has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jennifer J Abraham has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 34
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer J Abraham - Posted on May 5th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer J Abraham - Posted on June 3rd, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer J Abraham - Posted on May 3rd, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer J Abraham - Posted on February 21st, 2012
Dr. Abraham was my primary care physician for approximately a year and she I knew she was a great doctor when I first saw her. She was thorough in her examination of me, showed genuine concern; educated me on things that can help me be healthier; she is nice, and professional, which eased my anxiety because I dont like going to the doctors in the first place. I recently discovered that she is no longer at the clinic that I go to and I miss her. I hope you will have a Good experience with Dr. Abraham as I have and I highly recommend this doctor! :)
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer J Abraham - Posted on February 20th, 2012
Dr. Abraham is thorough in her examination of me, shows genuine concern; educate me on things that can help me be healthier; she is nice and also has a great laugh, which eased my anxiety because I dont like going to the doctors in the first place. I recently discovered that she is no longer at the clinic that I go to and I miss her. I hope you will have a Good experience with Dr. Abraham as I have and I highly recommend this doctor. :)
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2018, 2015, 2016, 2017)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015, 2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014, 2012, 2011, 2013, 2017, 2018, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2012, 2016, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Abraham is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Kern Medical Center
Dr. Jennifer J Abraham accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Jennifer J Abraham
Dr. Abraham is an Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. Dr. Abraham graduated from UC Davis Medical School as a member of the AOA honor society and with the distinction of receiving the Outstanding Woman Medical Student Award from the American Medical Womens Association. She completed her residency training in the Department of Medicine at KMC and had the honor of being Chief Resident during her senior year. At completion of her training, she was awarded the Robert S. Mosser Award for Excellence in Internal Medicine. She joined the hospitals Department of Medicine as a faculty physician in 1990 and went on to get her Masters Degree in Education from the University of Southern California. She and her husband, Dr. Edward (Bill) Taylor, have lived in Bakersfield for over 20 years where they are active community members and busy parents raising two sons.
Locations & DirectionsJENNIFER JANE ABRAHAM MD, 3838 San Dimas St Ste A100, Bakersfield, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jennifer J Abraham, MD - Internal Medicine in Bakersfield, CA, in this video.
Dr. Jennifer J Abraham is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bakersfield, CA.