Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jennifer L Ahmadian
Dr. Jennifer L Ahmadian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Naperville, IL. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Ahmadian is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital and Edward Hospital. Dr. Ahmadian has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Jennifer L Ahmadian has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Seizure Disorders
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Migraine Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
I've been seeing Dr. Ahmadian for 7 or 8 years now. I feel she is very caring and compassionate. She is always willing to talk with me about my concerns new medications and new treatments.
I think she is the best, I don't mind waiting because I know she is going to give me the time needed to give me all the time I need and not feel rushed, she explains things to you so you can understand them. She is the best in finding the problem you have and doesn't waste time running you around for test not needed, she seems to really know her stuff, and she does. She's been a great help to me, and I thank her for it.
Dr. Ahmadian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Jennifer L Ahmadian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDupage Medical Group, 636 Raymond Dr Ste 300, Naperville, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jennifer L Ahmadian in this video.
Dr. Jennifer L Ahmadian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Naperville, IL.