Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jennifer E Amengual MD
Dr. Jennifer E Amengual, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology and Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Amengual is affiliated with Nyp Columbia University Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Jennifer E Amengual has 2 locations
423 E 23rd St
New York, NY 10010
Dr. Jennifer E Amengual has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jennifer E Amengual has the following 15 expertise
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Clinical Research
- Hepatitis C
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Dr. Amengual is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 2004
More about Dr. Jennifer E Amengual
Dr. Amengual is an Assistant Professor of Medicine and Developmental Therapeutics and a member of the Center for Lymphoid Malignancies here at Columbia University. Her research goals are focused on developing targeted therapies for the treatment of lymphoma. As a physician-scientist, she aims to directly translate observations and concepts developed in the laboratory to patient care.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jennifer E Amengual is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.