Dr. Jennifer L Amerson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jennifer L Amerson?

Don't go there. She is a very uncaring individual.

Terrible attitude! After being scheduled for surgery her attitude went from fair to extremely poor. I will not use her ever again. Will be searching other avenues for a great surgeon. Atlanta is a big city with a lot more to offer in surgeons than she has to offer. Very poor bedside manners.

She's the Best but follow up not so good

Dr. Amerson is a top notch skilled surgeon with great gentle, patient, comforting bedside manner. Follow up however was not satisfactory. After my surgery, I received very little info on what to expect or support. I inadvertently missed 2 follow up mamograms (chemo brain?) and never heard a word from her office. No outreach, no reminders calls or emails. Trying to sign up for patient portal was a nightmare and never succeeded. A letter with questions to the doctor ( forget talking by phone) went unanswered. Saw the NP instead of the Dr on follow up visits though I requested a doctor--even if Dr. Amerson was unavailable. Misinformation from nurse led to having to make an additional appt.& trip to the office for an MRI though I had asked about it when I set up the appt. for the mamogram. No one available to set up MRI appt. Someone supposed to call me back to do so and never heard back. Changing doctors as a result of this unsatisfactory follow up care. And parking is $6 which I think is outrageous.

Best doctor I know!

Wow, Jennifer Amerson is the nicest person I know for a doctor and I am in the business with physicians in the Atlanta area! Dr. Amerson took the time to check me over talk to me comfort me as well as hug me when I had happy tears of relief rolling down! I had been in such fear waiting for the week out for my appointment to get my sonogram and momogram from a lump found, turns out it was scar tissue from the lift and implants 9 yrs ago. WHEW! I have to follow up in 4 months, I would never trust anyone else after the GREAT experience with the whole staff! Amazing place! Everyone Cares! And it shows!

I met Dr. Amerson during the most challenging time in my life. She help me get through my breast cancer. She performed the best surgery I could have asked for. Her staff was very professional and caring. I would recommend her because of her professionalism, compassion and most of all her skills as a great doctor.

Excellent Care

Dr. Amerson took the time to show me my films and explain the risks of the mass so that I could understand my decision for surgery. She put me at ease regarding the surgery and it went very smoothly with clear borders. Thank you!

Love her!!

Best Dr ever! Sweet, compassionate, happy, courteous, caring and must of all, curious enough to go the extra mile! She rocks!!!! It is totally worth the long wait!!

Not sure what to think

It was reassuring that everyone in the waiting room had nothing but the highest regard for Dr Amerson's work, but the 4 hour wait to see her left me pretty miserable. I had no idea it would take that long to get a baseline mammogram, but from what everyone else said, this was typical. Although her office is GORGEOUS, I did feel a bit like cattle being hearded through the office in my gown. It is very hard to keep someone captive for 1/2 a day and tell them they aren't allowed to use a cell phone either. I think scheduling needs to be reevaluated so that the wait isn't more painful than the mammogram itself. I was also surprised to see a Coca Cola machine as the beverage of choice there as well. Haven't we heard that artificial sweeteners cause cancer in laboratory rats? Although Dr Amerson has a FABULOUS bedside manner, I was a bit disheartened that because I was in perfect health I received no information on how to stay that way. No info on what can cause breast cancer, what to stay away from, or what to watch for. Not even a quick run through on how to do a self exam! I have breast cancer in my family, so I am vigilant in making sure I do everything to not get it, but I think I will go elsewhere for my mammograms and see her only if surgery is ever required. Although I am pleased for my great report, four hours was way too long for nothing.