Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
5701 W Charleston Blvd Ste 100
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Book Online Now
Jennifer J Avena has the following 1 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 3 of 3
Schooling says it all.
Self-verified patient of Jennifer J Avena - Posted on January 21st, 2014
Weird, vacant Dr & nightmare nurse
Self-verified patient of Jennifer J Avena - Posted on December 21st, 2013
After being forced to have her and nurse Reyes take over as my G.P.( my great doc got promoted to neurology), its been a frustrating, tough year of E.R. visits and repeated episodes. She doesn't listen, never even changed my dose in all this time, knowing I live in constant pain. Ive requsted a new doc at a new, less ghetto locale. The only relief this scarily calm, timid "Dr." ever brought me was giving me a shot of lanacane, once. I think the most disturbing part for me personally is the fact that she has the condition I have, hasn't fixed herself even, carries around a pad to sit on. I asked, "What hope do I have, if you're a Dr. and you still aren't fixed?" Oh, its not nearly as severe as yours, dear. WHAT?!? I've had enough, never want to see her again. She has made constant mistakes like not signing the prescription, had to go across town, back into the ghetto office, & hassled beacuse I "came at a bad time" cant be reached by phone, ever. My favorite excuse for her not being there? "Shes sick til' Tuesday." She's so weird and out of it, she needs to be revied and maybe drug tested? Her nurse? One word:bully. Not one co-worker can stand her, seen her have tiffs with 3 separate employees, in front of the whole lobby. One said "she's been here too long." I requested a whole new doc, staff, and location where I'm not approached by junkies and peddlers as soon as I walk to my car in this iffy downtown location.
Dr, Avena is a great doctor
Self-verified patient of Jennifer J Avena - Posted on September 15th, 2013
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Jennifer J Avena Accepts the Following Insurance
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN Bien Southern NV
- Health Plan of NV HMO Southern NV
- Humana Choice POS
One Health Network
- One Health Network
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence S NV - Universal Health Network PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Jennifer J Avena is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.