Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jennifer Backman-Pohle
Dr. Jennifer Backman-Pohle, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Backman-Pohle is affiliated with Tuality Community Hospital. Dr. Backman-Pohle has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Jennifer Backman-Pohle has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 21
I have recommended Dr. Backman to numerous friends, family, and colleagues. In fact my family all switched to her. She takes the appropriate time with her patients to diagnose. None of this ten minute window nonsense as I have recieved in prior clinics. Her bedside manner is amazing, personable, and genuinely cares about her patients. She brings so much wonderful energy to the practice that myself and my family feel lucky to have such a wonderful doctor.
What can I say. I hadnt seen a Dr in 7 years. My wife urged me to go in and get some tests done. We found Dr. Backman in Hillsboro at the Tuality clinic. That was 2 years ago. I have lost 50 lbs, taken care of some serious medical issues, and am doing well. Dr Backman cares. She spends the time with me that I need to help me through most any medical issue. I hope to be her patient for life.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Backman-Pohle is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Touro University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Jennifer Backman-Pohle accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVa Portland Medical Center, 3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Rd, Portland, OR
Dr. Jennifer Backman-Pohle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.