Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jennifer Becker
Dr. Jennifer Becker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hamden, CT, with other offices in Spartanburg, SC and Greer, SC (and 3 other locations). She has 9 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Becker is affiliated with Yale-New Haven Hospital, North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Huntington Hospital and Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Jennifer Becker has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Need time to improve performance, and suggestion would be to work with as many different groups of people. Personal views should never be used to evaluate a medical health issue regarding patients. Learn to make medical assessments by further investigations, read up on a patients medical history/file. There are going to be times when a condition could be under temporary control and it does not mean that the condition does not exist. This is because medications either may not be necessary,and/or can be reduced. Psychological profile is not always the only answer to a diagnoses. Lack of professional assessment can also lead to improper medications being adminstered to a patient.
Dr. Becker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Yale-New Haven Hospital
North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Huntington Hospital
Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center
Spartanburg Regional Medical Center
9 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Jennifer Becker accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jennifer Becker in this video.
Dr. Jennifer Becker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hamden, CT.